HAZARDOUS WOOD WASTE WE MANAGE
- Tanalised fencing and wood waste.
- Treated pallets.
- Creosote wood waste
- Railway sleepers.
- Telegraph poles.
- Utility poles.
- Demolition wood waste
- Cooling tower wood waste.
- CCA wood waste
- Marine timber waste
- Laminated flooring
- Melamine and laminates
WHY IS THIS WOOD “TREATED” DIFFERENTLY?
Wood that has been coated / treated is generally considered to be hazardous in nature, examples include:
- Wood treated with anti-weather coating, varnish, etc.
- Painted wood.
- Glued wood.
- Pallets sprayed with pesticide.
If your wood is not natural / virgin wood then its likely to be classed as Hazardous. Therefore please check with your SHEQ manager / technician.
Alternatively you can enquire with our friendly sales team or ask about our free waste audit. Call us on 01302 783 731
Contact us to discuss options for Hazardous Wood disposal, recycling and treatment services. Please call our friendly expert sales team on Doncaster: 01302 783 731.
SERVICES WE PROVIDE FOR HAZARDOUS WOOD WASTE
OPTION A) We Can Accept Certain Hazardous Wood Waste Into Our Waste Transfer Station.
- Please enquire before you decided to use our site. Wood Waste rules are constantly changing.
OPTION B) Hire A Skip For Wood Waste Or Mixed Waste Containing Wood.
- CONVENIENCE – Skips are a convenient option for disposal of hazardous wood waste (Open / Enclosed skips are available).
- COMPLIANCE – Lockable skips with METAL LIDS are available to help prevent accidental exposure / Duty Of Care Breaches.
- COST SAVING – All our skips are designed to maximize payloads and eliminate costly void space created by poor loading.
Value Added Service With A Smile.
- FREE ADVICE – Give us a call and we will be happy to assist arranging your paperwork etc.
- FULLY AUDITED TRAIL – A full audit trail keeps you compliant and reduces administrative burden.
- SAVING MONEY – Our time served staff are happy to help guide you to a cost effective waste solution.
- REDUCING CARBON FOOTPRINTS – Increasing material recovery and Diverting waste away from landfill.
- TIMELY BESPOKE SERVICE – We aim to impress and our record shows. We offer services to fit your needs.
WE CAN HELP YOU
Become Compliant – By treating Hazardous Wood Waste prior to recycling/disposal you are complying with a legal duty to ensure that the material is made safe for disposal.
Hazardous Wastes can no longer be mixed with Non-Hazardous Wastes!
Segregate – The segregation of waste is a legal requirement for most businesses. By recycling wood waste, you will be complying with the with EU Waste Directive and make a step towards compliance with the 2015 TEEP regulations.
Be Good To The Environment – After treatment, certain Hazardous Wood Wastes can be re-used / recycled. The UK has environmentally sustainable secondary markets for unwanted hazardous wood material.
Enhance Corporate and Social Responsibility – The good publicity that comes from recycling can be used for marketing, tenders and staff motivation: As a waste company we are finding that more and more Tenders require information about Sustainable Working / Corporate and Social Responsibility. Using our reuse/recycling service which utilises local companies, can be a powerful addition to your marketing… it might just separate you from competitors.
Provide An Audit Trail – There is a lot of bad press about land-filled waste, incinerated waste, shredded waste and waste sent abroad. By recycling your wood waste through our established services, you will have peace of mind as we will ensure that your waste travels a minimum distance, has a low-carbon footprint and utilise accredited local suppliers. A full audit trail is always provided.
Example Waste Destinations Of Our Hazardous Wood Recycling Services:
- Reuse – Where possible, we try to find new homes for all materials.
- High Quality Secondary Fuel – For biomass plants and boilers.